Sunday 20 December 2009

Spaces, Narrations and Representation

It is this first task of finding the five references of different media that led me to the quote mentioned previously. The quote was in fact the last of the five references that I found. I went about this search in a somewhat intuitive and biographical manner. This didn't make the process much easier because I had to really justify my experience of a space for it to be worth mentioning.

To summarise, these are my choices that will follow in the order that I searched for and chose them:
One, Strings - A spatial sequence from a piece of sculpture or installation art.
Two, Panic Room - A short spatial sequence taken from a film of your choice, presented either in DVD format or as a series of film stills.
Three, Sistine Chapel - A painting, abstract or figurative that you feel establishes a relationship between the spectator and the virtual space of the painting.
Four, Ice Bar - An architectural sequence from a building you have visited, presented in image and/or drawn form.
Five, John Giorno - An extract describing a spatial sequence from a novel or other book of your choice, 500 words maximum.

While thinking about the different types of media above and thinking about the writing of John Giorno I believe it is almost impossible for any successful work not to cross over from media to media and to deal with issues and ideas beyond the initial perception of the viewer. I thought in depth about what this crossover of media types mean and the possibilities of such crossovers.



Diagram
Youssef Daoud

No comments:

Post a Comment