Tuesday 29 December 2009

The Exercise...

...Exercising visual control as the most obvious of the senses to manipulate. To exercise control over something, in this case the eyes in relation to space, it is important to understand which aspect of vision to focus on. For example, colour or light/dark. I would like to start with manipulating just the field of view but I realise that other elements of vision will also be affected.

My proposal



Design drawing Youssef Daoud

Each of these elements distorts the field of view by 5° increments within the range 0° to 90°. At the scale I designed this object I decided to omit the 5° viewport (for ineffective manipulation) leaving me with a total of 9 viewports compiled together in a sequence as shown in the model below.


Model
Youssef Daoud



Render Youssef Daoud

Having previously made models of designs I am used to realising designs at a scale, say 1:50 or 1:200. This model is different as it is designed at the scale I will manufacture it, effectively 1:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment