Thursday 14 January 2010

Photo vs Film

Taking the now mobile object along a corridor, I was able to record the moving image through one view port and juxtapose this with the photo of that surface. I will show you the photo and then the corresponding video. My comments may sound contrived but that is intentional because they are! I created the object to manipulate how we see space and once constructed the images, videos and effects produced are all resultant of the interplay between the object and its space with my only intercession being the choice of which videos I chose to show.




One
Ceiling

The continuity of the orange cabling gives structure and direction.
The lights give a moment of extreme brightness that quickly fades.




Two
Floor

The size of the mosaic on the floor distorts the scale.





Three Wall

The dado rail gives the same effect as the cabling by way of structure and direction.
The brightness of the lights above is reflected on the wall.
The dado rail is disturbed by the door that we pass.

Film & Photograph
Youssef Daoud

No comments:

Post a Comment