Thursday 28 January 2010

Garbage City

I came accross this series of photographs by Klavs Bo Christensen which I find very powerful. I find it intriguing that this industry and more so this way of life has been the subject of artists working in various media and I wonder how this might inform my own work.


Photograph
Klavs Bo Christensen
Location Manshiyat Naser, or “Garbage City”, Cairo
Source www.klavs.dk/

'These striking photos by Danish photographer Klavs Bo Christensen were taken in Manshiyat Naser, or “Garbage City”; a district on the outskirts of Cairo, Egypt. Although the first impression when looking at these images might be that of a filthy slum, there is (or at least was) rather more order here than is first apparent.
Until recently, Cairo's waste disposal was the responsibility of the Zabbaleen,...'

Source http://eclectica.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment